The MG TF Midget was a face-lifted TD ( launched Jan 1950), fitted with the TD Mark II 1250 cc engine, with the headlights now faired into the fenders, a sloping radiator grille concealing a separate radiator, and a new pressurised cooling system along with a simulated external radiator cap.In mid-1954 the engine was increased to 1466 cc and designated TF1500.The last TF produced of 9,602 was on April 4 1955 superseded by the MGA.
The two seater roadster was the first of the MGB range to be produced giving more passenger and luggage space than the previous MGA whilst being 3 " shorter. A larger 1.8 litre engine, 4-speed synchromesh gears or Borg-Warner 35 automatic transmission, softer suspension contributed to a smoother ride and a higher top speed. The Mark II arrived in 1967.
Introduced in October 1965 the 1.8 litre MGB GT fixed roof sported a ground-breaking greenhouse designed by Pininfarina. By combining the sloping rear window with the rear deck lid, the MGB GT offered the utility of an estate car with much more luggage space than the roadster and a top speed improved by 5 mph despite its increased body weight.
The MG Magnette - MKIII featured BMC's 1489 cc B type engine but, in the MG Magnette III (and its Riley sibling), performance was enhanced by fitting twin S.U. H.D.4 carburetters. The interior featured a walnut veneer facia panel, leather upholstery and safety glass windows. A Mark III tested in 1959 recorded a top speed of 85.5 mph with 0-60 mph in 19.7 seconds and fuel consumption of 31.4 miles per imperial gallon.16,676 Mark III's were built.